Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 4 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 12: Is there a bed at Tarfside? (7)

We took the track to Westbank and followed the path between Cairn Robie and Hill of Rowan into Tarfside. John said that if I wanted to run up to take a look at the monument I should feel free; but I wasn't running anywhere in that heat! Besides, how could he be sure I was going to be able to find my way back down to Tarfside without troubling Mountain Rescue?

As we approached Tarfside I spotted two figures lurking in the heather to the left of the track - and they turned out to be Alan and Marion, who had come up from the hostel to greet Big John. And they brought bad news with them. "There are no beds left I'm afraid. That fellow - what's his name - Jim has just booked the last one." I turned to Big John and shrugged. Oh well - the camping field for us, then. Not a biggie, that - it was going to be a lovely night for camping, and presumably we'd have the field pretty much to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment