Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 2 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 9: Right Up Yer Tilt (1)

There was no overnight rain, and Sunday 20 May dawned bright and clear with masses of lovely sunshine. I decided to make a leisurely start to give my tent a chance to air and allow the condensation to dry out, so that I could pack it dry. I didn't want to leave it too long, however, as I wanted if possible to get right up the Tilt and through to the Geldie tonight. If the Geldie was in a fordable state I wanted to get across, and not risk an overnight deluge leaving me stranded on the wrong side in the morning. I'd had enough of uncrossable rivers for one Challenge!

In the event, therefore, I hit the road at about 10.15, and soon found myself walking through the woods beside the River Tilt. The trees here are predominantly Beech; it is only higher up that they give way to pine. Far away, on the other side of the river, I could hear firing form the Atholl highlanders' rifle range.

No comments:

Post a Comment