Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 4 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 14: Fettercairn to St Cyrus (1)

Friday 25 May was another gloriously sunny day, and after a satisfying breakfast of smoked haddock and poached egg I paid my bill and hit the road at 10. I may not have had all that far to go, but I didn't want to be walking through the heat of the day if I could avoid it - besides which, there was still the small matter of getting from St Cyrus to Montrose, and being at the Park by 5 pm. I therefore allowed myself to crack along at a fairly brisk pace.

11 o'clock saw me at Sauchieburn, and the proprietors of the Sauchieburn Hotel were more than happy to give me copious amounts of water to drink, so as to preserve the limited supply I was carrying in my drinking bottles. The Sauchieburn Hotel is not nearly so grand as the Ramsay Arms, but it struck me as a cosy and friendly place; and another year I may try to stay there the last night before I reach the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment