Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 2 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 7: On to Kinloch Rannoch (3)

I stopped for lunch just after crossing the Allt Eigheach (pictured); and as I ate my lunch I began to have another idea. Never mind stopping short at Bridge of Gaur tonight and heading on to Kinloch Rannoch tomorrow. What about trying to press on all the way to Kinloch Rannoch tonight? In 2010 I had done Bridge of Gaur to Kinloch Rannoch by the south shore, and arrived there early in the afternoon. The north shore route was shorter. And I'd got the whole afternoon and evening to do it. So could it be done? It would, of course, mean giving up my "splendidly obscure traverse" in favour of a lot more road walking between Kinloch Rannoch and Trinafour. But tomorrow was a day with a lot of unavoidable road walking through Glen Errochty in any event.

I pondered this idea as I got ready to move on. And the more I pondered it, the more I liked it. It gave me hard shelter tonight ... a bed, hopefully a bath, and a hot meal at the Dunalastair no matter what. AND it wouldn't mean using the Deeside Way instead of my planned route on from Braemar.

I liked it.

I liked it a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment