Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 1 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 6: Through the Lairig Leacach (2)

The steady climb up towards the woods was much as I remember it ... and the old dismantled tramway. Just after the tramway there was a deer fence with a gate. And then, there was THIS fella! The "wee minister". Now HE certainly wasn't there in 2000. But apparently he'd BEEN there until some time in the 1970s, as a stone statue. And now he had been replaced as a wood carving, and there was a little information plaque to tell you all about him. Apparently he is supposed to bring luck to travellers through the Lairig. And looking ahead at all that low cloud, I reckoned I'd be needing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment