Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 3 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 9: Right Up Yer Tilt (8)

When I reached the bealach, I was quite frankly stunned by what I found. Normally, cols such as this are places of mire and peat bog, where water runs in from either side, but does not run out so readily at either end. You squelch your way through them, and emerge an hour or so later with wet socks and evil smelling goo all over your boots. But not this one! Oh no: this col contains vast, broad expanses of soft, flat, DRY turf. You could easily find wild pitches for a hundred tents up here AND still satisfy fire regulations with the space between each tent! There are one or two places where you have to pick your way a little carefully. But this is far FAR removed from your average bealach experience. The day just got better and better ...

No comments:

Post a Comment