Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 3 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 9: Right Up Yer Tilt (4)

At 1 o'clock I stopped for lunch by Clachghlas cottage (pictured), and then continued up past Forest Lodge and the bridge I'd crossed coming down off the Munros to the south of the glen in 2010.

At about 3 o'clock I noticed a few wisps of cirrus cloud, and wondered whether this might be the leading edge of a warm front coming over. If so, I thought, then I might have to deal with 20 - 30 minutes of rain in a couple of hours time. I didn't expect to have reached the Geldie by then; but hopefully it wouldn't be heavy enough to make a major difference to the water level in the burn; and even if it did, the run-off ought to take some time to come down off the hills.

It'd be a shame, though, if this lovely bright sunny day was marred by a bit of rainfall. But then again, that's the way it goes in the British mountains. If you don't like the weather you're getting, sit down and wait for half an hour, and something else is bound to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment