Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 4 June 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 13: Tarfside to Fettercairn (5)

The Rocks of Solitude are an amazing place, and my photograph does not do them justice. But it's the only photograph I have of them, so it'll have to do.

At about 12.45 I chanced upon a little grotto beside the path, with seats, and an elderly couple were enjoying their lunch there. They suggested I joined them; and although I wouldn't normally stop until 1, it seemed such a delightful place that I did. We chatted for a bit, and then they finished their lunch and departed. I took a while longer to finish my lunch, and then pressed on.

The riverside path continues past The Burn, and there are a number of benches dotted about the place. I spent a while sitting on one of these, simply enjoying the sense of place, the stillness, the beauty, and the shade from the summer sun. But eventually I had to continue, and soon I arrived at the Blue Door. Opening this and passing through I emerged onto the B966; and as there didn't seem much point now in going into Edzell, I turned left for Fettercairn.

No comments:

Post a Comment