Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 1 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 6: Kinlochleven to Strathossian (9)

I reached the bothy a little before 1.30 and went inside. My socks were sodden and filthy from all the bog-hopping I had done, so I took my boots and socks off and put my sandals on, to let my feet get a little air. I had my lunch and made an entry in the bothy book to record my presence. I then changed my socks, took the orthotics out of my boots (to change the pressures on my feet - a trick Chris Townsend had taught me in 2009) and set out again at 2.15. I was, however, more than a little despondent. I was the best part of an hour behind schedule, and Beinn na Lap was looking like a pipe dream. Slowly but surely, the prospect of a High Level crossing in 2014 was slipping away from me, and I felt there was nothing I could do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment