Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 1 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 6: Kinlochleven to Strathossian (10)

The path that took me away from the bothy along the shore of Loch Chiarain was, it has to be said, considerably better than the path that had brought me to it, and progress began to pick up a bit after lunch. So much so, in fact, that I began to wonder whether I might be able to make up lost time and tackle Beinn na Lap after all. Soon after leaving the bothy, I met three Dutch or German walkers coming the other way, and I asked them about the condition of the path down to Loch Treig. They were unable to answer this, however, as they had come over the hills rather than through the glens. One of them, however, offered the opinion that "You won't have any difficulty, as the whole of Scotland is very dry this year". I wondered where he had picked up that gem of information - and whether he had any idea what conditions on the West coast had been like at the start of the Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment