Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 1 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 6: Kinlochleven to Strathossian (6)

I reached the Blackwater dam at noon. Three hours to cover seven and a half kilometres, with 330 metres of height gain. I certainly wasn't going to reach the bothy by 1 o'clock! Beyond the dam, there is supposed to be a path; but at first I could not find anything remotely resembling one. So I just pointed myself in the right direction, and before long I found something that clearly HAD once been a path; but it had been mashed to pieces by trail bikes. It was all I had, however, so I followed it, bog-hopping as necessary to deal with the most seriously churned parts of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment