Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 21 November 2015

September Cairngorms (3)

Ben Macdui, 1309 metres tall, is Scotland's (and Britain's) second highest mountain - although due to the compounding effect of triangulation errors as you move inland and away from the coast, it was for a long time thought to be the highest. I reached the summit cairn in thick clag, and found a charming young German couple sitting there eating their lunch. I joined them and ate my lunch (some delicious gluten-free wraps with smoked salmon in one, and venison salami in the other, both with salad and mayonnaise. Yum yum!). I then turned and headed back the way I came, as I had to back track by a couple of kilometres to find the Cairn Gorm path.

No comments:

Post a Comment