Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 21 November 2015

September Cairngorms (15)

The Ptarmigan itself is not my favourite piece of architecture, by any means. Its design and construction are nowhere near as sympathetic to the mountain environment as the Eyrie at the top of Snowdon. But ... it is a restaurant, and they make a really nice soup there. So I went in through the special door by which people who did not arrive by train are admitted (and out through which only those who did not arrive by train are subsequently allowed to pass) and I bought myself some refreshment. I allowed the penultimate train to depart without me, and I bought a ticket for the last train down the mountain that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment