Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 14 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 12: Kirkton of Glenisla to Glenprosen (7)

The track up Glen Quharity is well made, and obviously intended for tractors and land rovers. I made good progress, passing Glen Dye and Clinking Cauldron to my right (some time I'm going to HAVE to climb Clinking Cauldron!!), and then the track swung round to the right, North of Tarapetmile. I had marked an option on my map - take the path off to the left, up Corwharn (another lovely name!) and walk the ridge to Hill of Adenaich, then the path down into Glen Prosen. But the ascent looked stiff, the hill looked as though the ridge line would be awash with energy-sapping heather, and I just no longer felt like that kind of thing. I was still troubled by the fact that my overnight halt was uncertain. I'd put down on my route card that I was going to overnight at the Glenprosen hostel, but I had phoned and phoned and phoned to book a place, without once managing to get through. I had a contingency plan. If I couldn't get into the hostel, I would head down to Cortachy House. Even if they were booked out, I was sure that they would let me throw my tent up on their lawn. But that would add another 10km or so to the day - making it a very long day indeed. Doable, no doubt; but a definite disincentive for heading up into a sea of heather ...

No comments:

Post a Comment