Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 13 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 10: Braemar to Loch Vrotachan (9)

It wasn't long before I was on the beautiful Western shore of Loch Vrotachan. Beautiful it may have been - but it was also wet! My route vetter had warned me that I might have difficulty finding a good pitch by the loch side, and boy was he right! He had suggested that my best shot would be near the boathouse at the Eastern end, and that was where I had planned to go in any event (as my main route would have been descending to this pitch from the high ground to the East; and buildings, even if locked, can provide a welcome bit of shelter in their lee, as long as the storm keeps blowing from the same direction ... )

On my map, the FWA was shown passing along the North shore of the loch; but on the ground, I reckoned that the better option was the South shore. It was a bit boggy and I had to pick my way carefully, but soon enough I was at the boathouse at the Eastern end.

No comments:

Post a Comment