Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 14 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 12: Kirkton of Glenisla to Glenprosen (4)

In due course I came upon Ley, which is a ruin in a little walled enclosure. Beyond Ley, a barbed wire fence runs away, parallel to the stream. Still no sign of a path as such, and I had to decide whether to go to left or right of this fence. I chose left ... which turned out to be the right choice. At the end of the enclosure, there was a gate out onto the open moor. No such luxury was provided for those who had chosen to go right. Once on the open moor, a path began to be apparent, and I followed this up the glen (pictured). As the glen turned gently to the right, I found a good spot to stop and take lunch. It was almost exactly the half-way point for the day's walk. I really must remember for future route-planning: by this stage in the Challenge, a 28km day should be considered as an easy day, and 35km or even more would present little difficulty ...

No comments:

Post a Comment