Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 14 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 12: Kirkton of Glenisla to Glenprosen (1)

I had a good breakfast, packed all my gear away, and left the Glenisla Hotel at 9.15. It was to prove an absolutely classic Challenge day. I scarcely saw another soul while I was walking - and certainly no other Challengers. The weather kept me in my waterproofs all day, for whenever I took them off, it promptly started raining again. Never particularly heavily; but heavily enough to make one uncomfortably wet if not waterproofed. The country I was walking through was beautiful, and an interesting mix of forestry, marginal agriculture, and unspoiled glens and hills.

I walked less than a kilometer on the roads to East Mill and Freuchies, the followed the track between Cairn Hill and the Newton Burn northwards (pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment