Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 13 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 11: Loch Vrotachan to Kirkton of Glenisla (1)

It rained all night, and when I awoke there was ice on my tent. It was cold, and I didn't want to hand about. I wanted to get walking, to warm myself up. So I skipped breakfast (there's be chance for that soon enough ... ), packed as quickly as I could, and struck my tent. I checked the pitch to make sure I'd left nothing behind, and then I was on my way at 8.20 (I know, I know ... for some people that would be a late start ... but for me it's an early start, OK?)

I climbed in a generally North Easterly direction, and before long I found the track up Carn Aosda, from which there are wonderful views down towards the Glenshee ski centre and the Devil's Elbow, and then away down Gleann Beag towards Spittal of Glenshee (pictured). The cloud base was pretty low, but I was hoping that it would lift a bit as the day progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment