Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 21 November 2015

September Cairngorms (4)

The cloud had continued lifting while I was walking and having my lunch, and on my return journey I dropped out of it at about 1200 metres, enabling me to look across the Lairig Ghru towards Braeriach, Scotland's (and Britain's) third highest mountain. The mighty mountain's summit was still swathed in cloud, of course, but only the top 100 metres or so. And the dramatic cliffs of Coire Bhrochain, falling away for about 300 metres below the 1296 metre summit, and its hanging valley on the northern flank of the Garhb Coire, show up well in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment