Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 14 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 12: Kirkton of Glenisla to Glenprosen (3)

I left Barny behind and continued down past Glanhead farm, gaining my first views of the Backwater Reservoir (pictured) - not to be confused, of course, with the Blackwater Reservoir, which is way back to the North West of Rannoch Moor!

Beyond Glenhead, I took the road South above the East shore of the reservoir. The parking place marked on the map with a prominent "PC" has no public conveniences, prominent or otherwise; it does, however, have a number of picnic tables.

My plan was to take the track to Lev, and then continue through Craig of Balloch into Glen Quharity. I have to report, however, that no track did I see. After a while it was apparent from the landforms around me that I had overshot, so I confirmed this with a quick (and strictly unnecessary - I must be getting lazy!) GPS fix, then turned around and returned up the road. Still no sign of a track. The closest I got was a gate marking the entrance to a grassy field, with no evidence of anything other than the occasional tractor passing through it. Could THIS be the start of the "track", I wondered?

I pulled out the GPS again, and did another spot check. Yes, this was definitely the point marked on the map as the start of the track. SO I passed through the gate, and headed across the field in the general direction of the "track" shown on the map. I was heading uphill, and that at least was as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment