Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 13 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 11: Loch Vrotachan to Kirkton of Glenisla (15)

And so at last I arrived at the Glenisla hotel. They were unable to do any laundry for me; but I rinsed my socks out and they let me put them in their airing cupboard to dry. I phoned Challenge Control, then took a bath (my first in a very long time, and more than welcome!) and then hung my wet tent over the bath to dry.

The hotel did me proud for supper. I had a chicken and sweetcorn soup, followed by venison stew (my first venison of the crossing) and both were exquisite. While I was eating it came on to rain again, but I couldn't care less. I was in for the night now, and there was a roaring fire going.

I turned in, exhausted, at 8.30 - almost exactly twelve hours after I had set out that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment