Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 9: Derry Lodge to Braemar (5)

... and the route took us past another charming little unnamed lochan. This one doesn't even appear on the map.

We paused a while at the Tomintoul viewpoint, then headed down into Braemar. We were there by 11, and I bought myself a nice cooked breakfast then went to see if I could get my laundry done at the Youth Hostel. Alas, no! One of their two washing machines had broken down, and the other would be working full time to get the hostel's bed linen washed for some time yet. I wouldn't be able to do my laundry done until after the afternoon shut down.

So I left my pack at the youth hostel, then went down to have a look at Braemar castle. Again, here was something which I had never yet made time to see in all the times I had come to Braemar. Now was the time to change all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment