Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 8: Through the Ghru (16)

I left Corrour bothy by myself, crossed back over the Dee and turned right. I didn't bother looking at my map, which remained firmly tucked up inside my coat. Who needs a map to get from Corrour to White Bridge? Just fork right where the path divides, and follow it down. Easy peasy, right?

Well, um, maybe not. The path divides pretty soon after Corrour bothy, but because I hadn't looked at the map I didn't know this. And I somehow managed not to notice the fork in the path. So I just carried on, and it seems that I took the left fork! As this took me rough the South shoulder of Carn a' Mhaim, it gradually dawned on me that I could see the White Bridge path below me, away off to my right, and there was no sign of any way of getting down to it.

Oh well, I thought! There would be plenty of Challengers camped at Derry Lodge, too ... so it would serve my purposes just as well as White Bridge. So I stayed on the path I was on, and headed down into Glen Luibeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment