Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 14 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 1: Ardrishaig to Carron (1)


The day did not start auspiciously! I tried to order a kipper for breakfast - but the hotel did not do them. I ask you! How can a hotel standing on the shores of Loch Fyne NOT do kippers for breakfast??

Well, anyway ... after breakfast, I set off. The hotel had a little set of stone steps out back, which took you up to the Crinan Canal towpath, so I climbed these and turned right. The photo alongside shows a view just as I started. It was overcast, but not too cold and the rain held off. Very good walking conditions, in fact, and the going was good so progress was rapid. There were a handful of other Ardrishaig starters, and I spent some time in the company of a couple of them along the towpath; but at Cairnbaan our routes diverged and I was on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment