Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 14 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 9: Blair Atholl to Upper Glen Tilt (4)

I reached the summit of Carn liath and took this photo at 5.29 pm - almost exactly three and a half hours after I had set out from Blair Atholl. This, I reckoned, was pretty good going for nearly 9 km and over 850 metres of ascent, with a heavy expedition pack on my back, too!

However ... and here was the thing. It had been beautiful and clear when I had started the ascent, but now it was clouding over. The cloud base was high and there was no danger of being caught in it; but wind and rain both threatened and that could be an issue. I needed to press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment