Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 14 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 6: King's House to Bridge of Gaur (3)

There's not really all that much to say about the track across Rannoch Moor. It's a bit of a trudge; but at least it was dry. There were one or two places where there was no real path to be seen at all; but between my companion's GPS and my recollected vetter's comments that one should stay beneath the electricity transmisison lines, we always managed to get back on track.

This picture shows the view down across the South West end of Loch Laidon. Not long after this, I deviated from the path to explore Tigh na Cruaiche. This turned out to be a little earth-floored stable, with open windows and door. In an emergency, benighted on the moor, it would certainly serve for overnight shelter; although I might choose to pitch my tent inside, using its walls and roof for additional protection against wind and rain.

I regained the path just as we were caught by a third Challenger and, between the three of us, we realised that if we pressed on we should just about make it to Rannoch Station before the refreshment room closed at 4. Arriving after 4, however, would be a disaster ... as the Hotel bar does not open until 6 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment