Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Thursday 18 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 12: Mayar Burn to Cortachy (7)

I could now see down Glen Clova - and what a sight it presented! On a lovely clear day, with the cloud base high, this ridge really is one of the most sublime places I have ever been. And what a spectacular way to come out of the mountains - for, once I came off the ridge, that would be it for this crossing. I'd then be into the Angus agricultural belt, and walking on roads for the rest of the Challenge. So I was keen to make the most of what remained to me; but water was to be my downfall, because there was another stiff ascent now facing me in the shape of Cairn of Barns.

No comments:

Post a Comment