Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 14 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 9: Blair Atholl to Upper Glen Tilt (2)

Armed with my new camera, I grabbed some lunch and jumped on my train back to Blair. At Blair I retrieved my rucksack from the campsite warden, and I hit the road at more or less exactly 2pm.

It was a fine, clear day and I WANTED those Munros ... so I decided that I would do them, no matter what. I had a good 7 hours of daylight, and then a fair bit of twilight. It was enough. I might have to pitch a little bit short of my planned camp at Falls of Tarf; but I was going to do it.

I took the road through Middlebridge towards Monzie, politely declining a lift up the hill
from a kindly motorist who clearly thought me mad! And as I approached them, those Munros just looked more and more enticing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment