Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 17 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 11: Spittal of Glenshee to the Mayar Burn (1)

This was a day of mixed bridges - the good, the bad, and the downright diabolical.

To begin with I walked back through Spittal, crossing the Shee Water on the good, substantial old road bridge, and then took the track to Westerton of Runavey - encountering (and crossing) this fine bridge along the way.

I'm not entirely sure what happened to the route-finding at Westerton of Runavey, as I was supposed to follow the track heading West ... but the track I found myself on gradually petered out, leaving me to struggle across some difficult tussocks and knolls until I found myself at Invereddrie - where the farmer kindly pointed me the way to go to get to Loch Beanie without becoming trapped by his deer fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment