Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 14 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 8: Kinloch Rannoch to Blair Atholl (4)


The Loch itself is really rather beautiful, and secluded. At the far end there, in the distance, the other side of Glen Garry, that's Carn Liath you're looking at, with Braigh Coire Chruinn-bhalgain to the left. Beinn a' Ghlo is hidden away somewhere behind the pair of them.

They look impressive enough from here - but wait until you get them close to. Which was what I was going to have to do, becuase (weather willing) my route out of Blair Atholl went over the tops of the both of them.

It was at Loch Bhac that my camera battery ran out. This didn't bother me too much, as I had brought a spare. Indeed, I was quite relieved: the first battery had lasted seven and a half days, with six and a half days to go (including the rather boring agricultural belt that you have to trudge through to reach the East coast). I was therefore quite reassured to think that the second battery would have no difficulty lasting me for the rest of the crossing.

What it is to be well prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment