Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 16 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 9: Blair Atholl to Upper Glen Tilt (7)

The summit cairn of Braigh Coire Chruinn-bhalgain, looking east towards Beinn a' Ghlo with the evening sun behind me. According to the details recorded by the camera, I took this picture at 6.45 - so it took me precisely an hour and a quarter to get from one summit to the next.

I had succeeded in doing my two Munros for the day, despite my little trip to Perth and not hitting the road until 2 o'clock in the afternoon! What remained was the long, leg-breaking descent over Luib Mhor to the floor of Glen Tilt. According to my route card, I was then going to continue up to Falls of Tarf and make camp there - but it already seemed pretty claar that in fact, once I had reached the valley floor, I should be looking for the first good pitch and stopping for the night when I found it. The following day's route was not overly long, and making up the missing kilometres tomorrow if I stopped short today would be no great problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment