Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 14 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 4: Dalmally to Loch Dochard (8)

Loch Dochard in the late afternoon was a beautiful sight, cobalt blue beneath the lower slopes of Meall an Araich off to the left.

The path was made up of nice springy turf and I strode along making easy work of covering the ground.

When I reached the little promontory reaching out into the loch, I found that the walker I had spied ahead of me was another Challenger, who was just pitching there for the night. It was a superb camping spot, and there was a temptation to join him there. However, I did not wish to spoil the solitude of the place for him; and as my plan was to make camp at the East end of the loch I chatted with him a while, and then proceeded on my way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment