Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 14 November 2010

The 2010 Challenge, day 7: Bridge of Gaur to Kinloch Rannoch (6)

Somehow, I always find that reaching the midpoint of a crossing is a bit of a melancholy moment, and so I always like to have the option of a really nice hotel mid-crossing.

Kinloch Rannoch provided that for me, and more! The Dunalastair Hotel is really outstanding; and the photo shows the room they gave me, four-poster bed and all.

A nice hot bath, a good look at my feet (no signs of blisters this year - yippee!!), a nice meal in the restaurant and a few glasses of Scotland's finest in the bar, and I was more than ready for the second half of the crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment