Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 1 June 2014

The 2014 Challenge, day 6: Kinlochleven to Strathossian (17)

I finally made it to the foot of Sron na Cloiche Sgoilte. There were no good camping pitches immediately in view, so I turned right onto the path beside the Allt Feith Thuill and headed downstream. Eventually, just before 8 pm, I found a good pitch a little way above the bridge, so I stopped and made camp. I was concerned about my mountains for the following day - according to the route card I was going to tackle the three Munros of the Aonach Beag ridge. But would I be able to get up there?? At about 8.30 the cloud cleared from the summit of Beinn Eibhinn. There was snow up there alright; but it looked as though the ridge line might well be clear. However, I had done some damage to my knee in the falls I had taken coming off Beinn na Lap, and I was far from convinced that I would be in good shape for going high the next day. I decided to call that one in the morning.

I didn't feel like getting my stove out and cooking, So I had a lunch for supper (I could always, on another occasion, get the stove out as I had on the West Highland Way and have a supper for lunch). Then I set about enjoying my wild camp overlooking Strathossian.

No comments:

Post a Comment