Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 8: Through the Ghru (1)

This was one of those days that I'd been saving for my tenth crossing - the legendary Lairig Ghru, of which many tales are told - and I was anxious to be away (not least because of what Alvar had told me when I phoned in the night before). So I was up bright and early, and away from the Youth Hostel at 7.30. The weather was bright and sunny, and I walked in shirt sleeves. I followed the road to Inverdruie, and then turned onto the path through the Inshriach Forest, which is particularly delightful (see picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment