Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 7 November 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 8: Through the Ghru (7)

Before long I caught up with Lindy Griffiths. She was progressing slowly but steadily, and suggested that I carry on by as I would be a lot faster than her. I demurred. The thing I feared most today was respiratory distress if I pushed too hard. If it could happen in Glen Feshie (and it had!) then it could certainly happen here in the Lairig Ghru. Staying with Lindy was just the tonic I needed to make sure I didn't overreach myself. I explained this to Lindy, and she was grateful for the company, so we stayed together as far as Corrour Bothy. She later said that having somebody to talk to, and provide a distraction, made a big difference to her that day. I was touched, although I do perhaps think she overstated her case ...

No comments:

Post a Comment