Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 8 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 11: Cairn of Claise and Jock's Road (3)

Before long I had reached the warm welcome that is Lochallater Lodge. I stopped for a while and, feeling a little like a hobbit, enjoyed a second breakfast of bacon and Irn Bru. I gave an impromptu performance of both "Great Outdoors Challengers" and "Every Night the Cuckoos Call", and when pressed for an encore I even managed just about to remember the whole of "The Twelve Days of Crossing" (or whatever I called it when I wrote it!) This was very well received: I was told I would have been most welcome at the previous night's ceilidh, and given a thorough tour of the lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment