Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Some Unfinished Business (8)

The following morning, the weather was not great. Indeed, on looking at it, I decided that trying to get across to Gulvain and camping out was not wise. I was going to get a buffeting today, and coming back into hard shelter seemed a good idea. So I left my heavy sleeping and cooking gear, and my dry clothes, at Corryhully bothy and set out with a light pack, intending to do no more than the Corryhully Horseshoe. If the following day was fair I could always hitch a lift and do an out-and-back assault on Gulvain from the South. However, even this was not to be! I made a valiant attempt on Sgurr a' Choire Riabhaich, joining up with a young German girl on the way up; but as we ascended the wind got stronger and stronger and the rain got heavier and heavier; and at about 700 metres we looked at one another and decided it was getting just too dangerous!. So we turned around and returned to Corryhully. So that was now FOUR times in a row that I had failed to make it up Sgurr nan Coireachan ... which was really beginning to bug me! Still, I had one more day up here, and maybe the weather would be kinder on Sunday ...

No comments:

Post a Comment