Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 6 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 7: Loch Pattack to Dalwhinnie (5)

We arrived at Dalwhinnie, and crossed the railway at the level crossing. The hotel, alas, is no more (which is a damning indictment of the last owners; but they really didn't have a clue!) There is, however, now a tearoom and bunkhouse on Station Road, and it was to this that we now repaired. I had a bunk booked, and my resupply parcel was waiting for me there. Moreover, we were in good time for lunch; so I had lentil and bacon soup followed by a ham salad, which was most welcome! On checking the railway timetables, I found that there was a train for Inverness due in about 5 minutes. The timing of the return train was such that I would have 45 minutes in Inverness ... which would be plenty of time to get to a good outdoors shop, sort out my equipment needs, and get back for the return service. But five minutes was a bit tight ... so I ran up to the station in my walking boots, which is a bit of a first for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment