Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Thursday 7 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 8: Through the Gaick Forest (10)

At Gaick Lodge, I encountered a beautiful pair of grey horses happily grazing. They didn't seem to mind my presence, and I didn't mind their presence, so we co-existed and I continued on my way.

There is a little boathouse on the shore of Loch an t-Seilich at NN 758858, and I took a quick look to see whether it might provide an unofficial bothy, if required. My conclusion was that it is not suitable for the purpose, and could not be used for human shelter under any circumstances.

I then carried on North past the loch, and so to Tromie Weir at NN 763882. This has a small building associated with it, which is kept locked and again is not therefore available as an unofficial bothy. The weir, however, IS available as a bridge over the Tromie. The gates at each end are left unlocked, and I walked out-and-back to make sure of it, making my way right across to the far bank. This is potentially important to anyone aiming to come off Bogha-cloiche and Maol an t-Seilich, because the bridge shown on the map at NN 764890 no longer exists; although the next bridge downstream, at Bhran Cott, is only a couple of kilometres further on.

No comments:

Post a Comment