Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 6 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 8: Through the Gaick Forest (2)

I crossed the A9 and headed a short way South, then turned off onto the track up to the old quarry. Balfour Beatty were using the entrance for access to their work on the new pylon lines, but once I was past their site I did not see another soul all day. The old quarry track is quite a steep slog, but I took it steady and it didn't prove a difficult ascent. I encountered some snow across the track, but there was no steep and dangerous ground near by and I crossed it with no difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment