Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Thursday 7 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 8: Through the Gaick Forest (9)

My route took me past Loch Bhrodainn (pictured) - where the views were, once more, absolutely spectacular - and so on to Gaick Lodge. Back in 2000, on my first Challenge, my original route onward from Dalwhinnie had been by way of Loch Cuaich and the track up beside the Allt Coire Chuaich then over the top to Sgor Dearg and the path down to Gaick Lodge. My route vetter had warned me that this was a very steep and difficult descent, and suggested instead that I go a little further North - which I did. However, I feel that as a result I missed out on some truly wonderful scenery; and some time I am going to see if I can design a route which brings me all the way up the Edendon Water from Dalnacardoch Wood, perhaps with a wild camp by Loch an Duin and a light ascent of An Dun while I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment