Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 9 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 11: Cairn of Claise and Jock's Road (8)

If I had still had a realistic chance of achieving a "High Level" crossing, and just needed a few more Munros and Corbetts to make up the 12, then it would have been easy enough to make a short out-and-back diversion to Carn an Tuirc; and later in the day to pick up Tolmount and Tom Buidhe as well for a total of 4 Munros in the day. But even that would have left me well short of target; and they were all Munros that I had been up before. Moreover, the weather was beginning to look a little less genial and I began to fear that it might close in before I was safely off the plateau. So I ignored Carn an Tuirc and just headed for the summit of Cairn of Claise, where I found this rather impressive summit cairn.

No comments:

Post a Comment