Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 9 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 11: Cairn of Claise and Jock's Road (9)

Just to prove that I really HAD been there in short sleeves, I took a "selfie" as well. The eagle-eyed among you may notice that the T-shirt I was wearing is in fact a Portsmouth FC shirt; but before you go jumping to any conclusions that I am a Pompey fan, let me tell you here and now that I am not. I am not any sort of an association football fan. I favour the far superior codes of rugby football. However, that having been said, I AM acquainted with Trevor Birch, who was the Administrator appointed to sort out the financial mess at Pompey, and he suggested that I really ought to go to see a game at Fratton Park because because the atmosphere there is quite unlike anything he has ever known anywhere else (and remember, he WAS a professional footballer himself) and the fans really have something special going there. And when the drums struck up and the Chimes rang out, I knew exactly what he meant! However, what I also found was that as it was the last home game of the season, and the fans' shop was unsure whether there would be a club at all the following season. They were desperately trying to liquidate their entire stock and everything was heavily discounted. And the shirt seemed a pretty good base layer, so I bought one. By the time I was photographing myself at the summit of Cairn of Claise, I was actually thinking that maybe at that price I should have bought five or six. But as they say, hindsight is always 20:20

No comments:

Post a Comment