Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 10 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 12: Glen Doll to Cortachy (1)

In the morning Kevin and I walked down through the woods together. The Youth Hostel and camp site may now have gone; but there is an impressive new visitor centre with plenty of parking - and although it is left unmanned and locked up overnight, it appears as though the toilets are left unlocked. Furthermore, there are several really good looking bits of grass which would make lovely overnight pitches. Arrive after they've shut up for the night, strike camp before they arrive the next morning, and nobody would even know you've been there!

We continued by road to the Clova Hotel, which we reached at 11. Now this has changed a bit since I was last here! There is an impressive conservatory extension to the front making a lovely light and airy dining area; and I thought this would be a wonderful place to take a bite of lunch. So I had a pint or two and waited until they were ready to serve. Kevin just had a coffee and a scone, and then headed on up over the hill to Loch Brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment