Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 9 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 11: Cairn of Claise and Jock's Road (13)

As Jock's Road dropped down into the valley floor, the woods came into view and I knew my day's walking was almost done. I worried about the weather, however. It looked as if we may be in for a stormy night. With my damaged ground sheet, that might not be so much fun. I therefore considered the possibility of pressing on to Clova and hoping for a place in the hotel bunkhouse. But that would be another 7 kilometres of walking at the end of a big day, possibly through miserable weather. So I thought about it ... but decided against it. I'd said I would camp at the edge of the woods, and I was going to camp at the edge of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment