Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 4 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 1: A Rough Time in the Rough Bounds (3)

I signed the Challenge Register at 10.20, and then I was on my own. As I walked along beside the Morar River (the shortest river in Britain) I marvelled at the force of the water, for it was truly in spate (see picture!). I was glad I had no river crossings planned for today!

As I approached the junction with the B8008, Mrs B drove past in the camper van. She had, apparently, discussed the position with John at Challenge Control; and as there were no more trains due until the afternoon, John suggested that there was no need for her to continue sitting in the car park of the Morar Hotel. So she was heading back South. I waved as she passed, but she didn't see me ... and then it started to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment