Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 4 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 1: A Rough Time in the Rough Bounds (2)

I couldn't walk past the steps to the cross without going up to take a look; and I have to say I'm really glad I did. The views from up there are really quite magnificent. And while I was up there, I saw the morning train approaching; so I hurried down to see if it was bringing any Challengers to Morar.

Four Challengers got off the train. They had all received the message about the new sign-out point from John (albeit one of them received it just ten minutes before he set out from home); and so we all walked down to the new sign-out point together. We discussed our routes from Morar. They were all heading to the North Morar peninsula. I alone would be heading to the Rough Bounds of South Morar. I am saving up the North Morar peninsula for the next time I start at Mallaig. But I shan't be doing that until I have used all of the available start points once, and I do hope that they give us back Arisaig and Glenuig before I have to start around again; although I've just learned they're giving us Kilchoan to play with in 2014, and that sounds fun. My own intended route for 2014 starts at Plockton, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment