Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 5 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 3: Lochailort to Glensulaig (2)

When you drive the road from Glenfinnan to Lochailort (or the other way) the landscape all passes in a blur. You tend to be aware of the major features, such as Loch Eilt ... but many of the lesser features pass you by. For instance, at NM 802827 there is a little feature on the map described as "Cairns". Have you ever noticed these cairns as you drive past, or wondered what they are? I'm pretty sure you haven't. I certainly hadn't. But as I walked by, I took the trouble to stop and have a look. And to take a photograph. As to their significance, well, there's a brass plate telling you all about it. But I'll not spoil it for you. If you want to know what it says, you'll have to go and have a look for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment