Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 5 November 2013

The 2013 Challenge, day 3: Lochailort to Glensulaig (3)

Another little cairn which you have probably driven past many times but never stopped to see is at NM 875817, and here it is.

Having left Lochailort at 10, I reached Glenfinnan at 2.30, which I reckon to be pretty good going. I bought some Irn Bru and used the facilities; and then, because my Route Card said I would phone in from Glenfinnan Visitor Centre, I phoned Challenge Control. There had been no recurrence of my medical symptoms, so I confirmed that my onward plan was to head for Glensulaig, and that I would not be attempting Gulvain (although it was on my route card for day 4).

Following this call, I got into conversation with a local keeper type person in the visitor centre cafe, who was interested in my route. He confirmed that Glensulaig bothy was open ("At least, it was last month and I cannot see why it shouldn't be this week") so I thanked him for the intelligence and set off again.

No comments:

Post a Comment